Delay action

If you believe that your case is taking too long, you can submit a request to us for your case to be decided, a so-called delay action.

You can, as of July 1, 2018, under the following conditions according to förvaltningslagen (the Public Administration Act), submit a claim for delay:

  • It has been at least six months since the case was initiated.
  • Only an individual who has initiated the case can file an action for delay.
  • The action for delay must be in writing.
  • An individual may request an examination of the matter only once during an ongoing case.

If the formal conditions are met, Lantmäteriet within four weeks from the date on which such a request was received, either to decide the matter or to reject the request in a special decision. A rejection decision can be appealed to the Land and Environmental Court.

Submit a delay action

For property development cases:
Lantmäteriet Fastighetsbildning
801 82 Gävle

For property registration matters:
Lantmäteriet Fastighetsinskrivning
761 80 Norrtälje

For other matters:
801 82 Gävle

Read more:
Legal text Förvaltningslagen on Sveriges Riksdags website (in swedish, new window)

Contents of this page may be automatically translated, we take no responsibility for the accuracy of the translation. Feel free to contact our customer support centre if you have any questions.

Read more about our website